Sunday, October 13, 2019

Spoiler: Queens of Fennbirn by Kendare Blake

 So let's just start by saying that I absolutely love this series. It is dark, political and fantasy. It was interesting to see the past in this world.

The Young Queens:
I really enjoyed that the queens were young enough to not quite understand what was going to happen between them. I didn't realize that they didn't know from birth what their roles were going to be. Watching them together, then watching them split apart was hard, but important to better understand their characters in the main series. I especially enjoyed Mirabella's storyline because it helps us to understand why she still remembered her sisters so vividly. It was horrible but beautiful. Exactly what I've come to expect from the series (I mean this in the best possible way. 

The Oracle Queen: 
I think that this is one of my favourite novellas to have read in any series. There are so many hints dropped in the main storyline about the "Mad Oracle Queen" who is the reason that any Oracle queen born is put to death. Watching how this queens story unfolded was heart-wrenching. I can't imagine what she must have gone through in her last years in the tower. It also helped us better understand the families that remain in great powerful houses under the queens. 

I enjoyed these novellas immensely and can't wait to finish the series and see how Kendare Blake manages to wrap the story. That being said, I know that I will be sad when it has come to a close.


Final Line: "'I do like it, Gilbert. I love it.'"

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment