Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Book Review: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch


27833670. sy475
Title: Dark Matter
Author: Blake Crouch
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Science Fiction, Adult, Thriller
Pages: 342
Publisher: Crown
Year Published: 2016
Format: Audiobook

"Jason Dessen is walking home through the chilly Chicago streets one night, looking forward to a quiet evening in front of the fireplace with his wife, Daniela, and their son, Charlie- when his reality shatters.

It starts with a man in a mask kidnapping him at gunoint, for reasons Jason can't begin to fathom- what would anyone want with an ordinary physics professor?- and grows even more terrifying from there, as Jason's abductor injects him with some unknown drug and watches while he loses conciousness.

When Jason awakes, he's in a lab, strapped to a gurney- and a man he's never seen before is cheerily telling him 'welcome back!'

Jason soon learns that the world he's woken up to, his house is not his house. His wife is not his wife. His son was never born.

And someone is hunting him."

My Rating: 4.5/5

I think that I knew too much about this book going in. My biggest suggestion is to go in blind. Just trust that if you like sci-fi you will likely like this. I did know one aspect of the story just at the beginning but after that, I was surprised by where the plot went .  I think that this author does a great job of describing scientific theories without getting too complicated. I think that this should also definitely be described as a thriller. I loved the characters and their growth. I also think that the climax of the plot was extremely well done. The premise itself is so interesting and I was intrigued at every twist and turn.  I couldn't have guessed where this plot was going to go. Overall I enjoyed this book and would love to read more works from this author.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment