Sunday, February 28, 2021

Review: The Infernal Path by Kurtis J. Wiebe

 Title: The Infernal Path
Author: Kurtis J. Wiebe
Artist: Owen Gieni
Series/Standalone: Rat Queens Volume 6
Genre: Graphic Novel, Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 144
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2019
Format: Paperback Copy (Library Copy)

"The further adventures of the booze guzzling, death dealing battle maidens-for-hire in the business of killing all the gods' creatures for profit. Hannah the Rockability Elven Mage, Violet the Hipster Dwarven Fighter, Dee the Atheist Human Cleric, Betty the Hippy Smidgen Thief and Braga the Orc Princess.

Rat Queens is a modern spin on an old school genre, a monster-killing epic with a twisted sense of humor."


My Rating: 2.5/5

In my opinion, this instalment was just trying to do too much. There was a great combination of a whole bunch of storylines from past volumes. There was a change in pace adn while I thought that was fun, it was also a bit confusing. I am still longing for the original storyline that we read about in the first 3 volumes, instead of this mashing of different storylines. I will continue the series, but I do feel like I have lost the love of the story overall. Now it's just ok.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment