Friday, March 26, 2021

Book Review: The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Title: The Scorch Trials
Author: James Dashner
Series/Standalone: The Maze Runner Series (Book #2)
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Science Fiction
Pages: 362
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Year Published: 2010
Format: Audiobook (Library Copy)

"Solving the maze was supposed to be the end.

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn't done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch.

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch- the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them.

Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off.

There are others no. Their survival depends on the Gladers' destruction- and they're determined to survive."

My Rating: 3.75/5

This book held a lot of intrigue for me as I was curious about where the story was going after the plot twists in the last book. This book was better for me and I do plan to continue on. The atmosphere was better for me, and I love a journey book. The characters just aren't what I hoped they would be. Thomas is not my favourite character to read from, and I find it hard to believe that women are throwing themselves at him. I'm still curious about what WICKED is working on and the backstory so I will be continuing with the series, but I doubt they will be new favourites.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment