Sunday, March 21, 2021

Book Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series/Standalone: The Wolves of Mercy Falls (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Pages: 392
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Year Published: 2009
Format: Audiobook

"For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf- her world- is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without.

Meanwhile, Sam has lived two livers: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her world. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human- or risk losing himself, and Grace forever."

My Rating: 4/5

This was exactly the nostalgic throwback to the 2010s I needed this past little while. It had all the tropes to my old reading style that really reminded me of why I love reading. As much as this is very stereotypical of the time period. I did really enjoy the writing and have had many other books by Maggie Stiefvater on my TBR, but was glad to start with this one as I've heard so much about it. The characters were typical of the time period, the atmosphere was well written and the plot was fun to follow. I look forward to continuing the series and reliving the fun paranormal romance that was so popular in my high school years.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment