Friday, October 29, 2021

Review: The Faust Act by Kieron Gillen


Title: The Faust Act
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist(s): Jamie McKelvie, Matt Wilson
Series/Standalone: The Wicked + The Divine (Vol. 1)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Adult, Urban Fantasy
Pages: 176
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2014
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. The team behind critical tongue-attractors like Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to create a world where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. But remember: just because you're immortal, doesn't mean you're going to live forever..."

My Rating: 3/5

This was a really solid start to the series, but I did feel like we as readers are thrown in rather quickly. I'm not sure how else the story would be told, but for some reason I thought that the gods were going to be based only on greek mythology, so I"m a little lost with some of the gods that are being introduced. I liked the brutal art style, as well as our main character so I'm hoping that I will enjoy the series as I continue forward. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment