Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Spoiler: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

 I've got a lot of thoughts so buckle up!

The plot of this book isn't anything ridiculously groundbreaking for a YA fantasy, we have our chosen one, we have a villain, we have multiple love interests. Need I say more? What is fun is all the twists and turns that the story takes throughout. I loved the way I wouldn't expect what moment someone would show up, or what was about to happen at all moments.

Atmosphere: The plot of this book really brought the world to life, it really reminded me of Russian folklore that I've read, or ideas just based on the weather, and the descriptions of the palace. Lovely!

Writing: Nothing ground breaking, but so addicting and fun to read. Capture the world and the thoughts of our main character so well. Addicting! I was intrigued and I thought that conclusions made logical sense.

Characters: I already know that I'm shipping the wrong people. I know that I"m supposed to hate the Darkling. I acknowledge he is fucked up, a bad person and clearly the villain but what I will say might be controversial, he's still HOT. Reading the first part of this book I was like woah, this Darkling guy is so sexy, and then he just had to become the villain. RUDE. Mal is fine, a great friend to lover plot. I get it. He's loved her since the start. But where is the passion? Alina is fun to read from, but she'd better get tougher quickly! I just feel like she's got a lot of work to do to hide from the Darkling. 

Can't wait to continue the series,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment