Sunday, January 23, 2022

Review: Mothering Invention by Kieron Gillen

Title: Mothering Invention
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist(s): Jamie McKelvie & Matt Wilson
Series/Standalone: The Wicked + The Divine (Vol. 7)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Adult, Urban Fantasy
Pages: 208
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2018
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"In the past: awful stuff. In the present: awful stuff. But, increasingly, answers."

My Rating: 3.75/5

This was a good instalment, just a bit long for my taste. I found that the history of the story was interesting, but some of the action scenes just didn't hit home for me. I also wasn't a fan of where the most recent plot twist in this volume is taking us. I am curious to see how this series wraps up and plan to read more graphic novels by Kieron Gillen.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment