Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Book Review: Gild by Raven Kennedy

Title: Gild
Author: Raven Kennedy
Series/Standalone: The Plated Prisoner Series (Book #1)
Genre: Fantasy, Adult 
Pages: 393
Publisher: Raven Kennedy
Year Published: 2020
Format: Ebook (Kindle Unlimited)
First Line:  "I lift the gold goblet to my lips as I watch the show of naked flesh through the space between my bars."

"The fae abandoned this world to us. And the ones with power rule.

Gold.

Gold floors, gold walls, gold furniture, gold clothes. In Highbell, in the castle built into the frozen mountains, everything is made of gold.

Even me.

King Midas rescued me. Dug me out of the slums and placed me on a pedestal. I'm called his precious. His favored. I'm the woman he Gold-Touched to show everyone that I belong to him. To show how powerful he is. he gave me protection, and I gave him my heart. And even though I don't leave the confines of the palace, I'm safe.

Until war comes to the kingdom and a deal is struck.

Suddenly, my trust is broken. My love is challenged. And I realize that everything I thought I knew about Midas might be wrong.

Because these bars I'm kept in, no matter how gilded, are still just a cage. But the monsters on the other side might make me wish I'd never left."

My Rating: 5/5

I thoroughly enjoyed my time reading this. This book is more a high fantasy to me than a romance although it does have sex scenes and scenes that include rape, so if that is something that is triggering for you, I wouldn't suggest reading this book. I think that the author does a great job of laying out what can happen in the book with the first chapter. The first chapter starts in an orgy, so if you can make it through that you'll maybe be okay for the rest of the book. I thought that the fantasy aspect of the book and the plot were super interesting, and all the characters had their own unique voice. The one concern I have is whether the main love interest is who I think it is. There is one person I very much don't want it to be, so here's hoping that we get some clarification in book 2.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment