Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Spoiler: Gild by Raven Kennedy

 This book was so much more than I thought I was getting into. If you are reading books from Kindle Unlimited, or at least if you're me you have certain expectations about what the book might include. I often expect romance or smut, and while this book had some it was more of a dark adult fantasy than those two things.

Does this book start in an orgy, yes it does. But it really makes sure you're comfortable with anything that could happen in the book. I think that the author did a wonderful job of making all the characters have an individual voice. 
Our main character is interesting to read from, as she's been with King Midas for the past ten years and has seen his rise to royalty. I'm sure we will hear more about that as we continue in the series.
 King Midas best not be our love interest because I will lose my ever-loving shit. What he offers is NOT love! 
Digby was one of my favorite characters and I'm optimistic that he might make a comeback.
Sail was such a heartwarming character I bawled when he died.
I'm interested in Captain Rip and what kind of Fae he will prove to be.

Highlights:

"'What is the king's favored doing out of her carriage?'
Saild scratches the back of his neck nervously. 'Well, see, what happened was... um, she-'"
-Pg. 228 

"It's the arrogance of men, to think so little of women. And it'll be their downfall too."
-Pg. 287

"I won't sit idly by and keep letting men crush me in their fists."
-Pg. 295

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment