Monday, August 1, 2022

Book Review: The Dating Plan by Sara Desai

Title: The Dating Plan       
Author: Sara Desai    
Series/Standalone: Marriage Game Series (Book #2)
Genre: Romance, Adult Fiction
Pages: 352
Publisher: Berkley Books
Year Published: 2021
Format: Audiobook

 "Daisy Patel is a software engineer who understands lists and logic better than bosses and boyfriends. With her life all planned out, and no interest in love, the one thing she can't give her family is the marriage they expect. Left with few options, she asks her childhood crush to be her decoy fiancee.

Liam Murphy is a venture capitalist with something to prove. When he learns that his inheritance is contingent on being married, he realizes his best friend's little sister has the perfect solution to his problem. A marriage of convenience will get Daisy's matchmaking relatives off her back and fulfill the terms of his late grandfather's will. If only he hadn't broken her tender teenage heart nine years ago...

Sparks fly when Daisy and Liam go on a series of dates to legitimize their fake relationship. Too late, they realize that very little is convenient about their arrangement. History and chemistry aren't about to follow the rules of this engagement."

My Rating: 4.75/5

I absolutely loved this second book. I had enjoyed Daisy's character in the first book and thought that she would make an excellent female lead in a romance. Her personality and her back story just really hit home different for me. I felt the same way about Liam. I do love the trope of fake dating, but also the trope of knowing each other before going out. This really did have a lot of tropes that I enjoyed. I think that Sara Desai also does a great job of describing a nerdier girl who has passions and interests without being too much. The only reason this doesn't get a full 5/5 for me is the way that some things in the sex scene were written. I have certain terms to describe body parts that push me out of a story, and these were used a few times. Overall, fun just not my favourite spicy scenes.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment