Sunday, November 20, 2022

Book Review: Flock by Kate Stewart

Title: Flock
Author: Kate Stewart
Series/Standalone: The Ravenhood (Book #1)
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Reverse Harem
Pages: 364
Publisher: Independently Published
Year Published: 2020
Format: Ebook (Kindle Unlimited)

"Can you keep a secret?

I grew up sick

Let me clarify.

I grew up believing that real love stories include a martyr or demand great sacrifice to be worthy.

Because of that, I believed it, because I made myself believe it, and I bred the most masochistic of romantic heart, which resulted in my illness.

When I lived this story, my own twisted fairy tale, it was unbeknownst to me at the time because I was young and naive. I gave into temptation and fed the beating beast, which grew thirstier with every slash, every strike, every blow.

Triple Falls wasn't at all what it seemed, no were the men that swept me under their wing. But in order to keep them, I had to be in on their secrets.

Secrets that cost us everything to keep.

That's the novelty of fiction versus reality. You can't re-live your own love story, because by the time you've realized you're living it, it's over. At least that was the case for me and the men I trusted my foolish heart to.

Looking back, I"m convinced I willed my story into existence due to my illness. 
And all were punished."

Overall Rating: 3/5
Spice Rating: 4/5

I think that this first book was a fun read, but I think it wasn't what I wanted. The plot was just ok for me. I didn't care about where the story was headed or why the characters acted the way they did. I was in it for the smut. It was great fun to read, and I was hoping for things to get messier, but they just never went too crazy. I don't plan on continuing the series, but I would continue reading from the author.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment