Sunday, July 2, 2023

Book Review: Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer

Title: Between the Lines
Author(s): Jodi Picoult & Samantha van Leer
Series/Standalone: Between the Lines Duology (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 385
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 2012
Format: Audiobook 

"Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book- one book in particular. Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous and loving. He really speaks to Delilah. And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He's a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He's sure there's more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom. 
A romantic and charming story, this companion novel to Off the Page will make every reader believe in the fantastical power of fairy tales."

My Rating: 3/5

This was a fun audiobook and I really enjoyed the concept of the story. Seeing such a popular author writing with her daughter gave me the warm and fuzzies but overall this book fell flat for me. I understand that I am not the targeted audience but there were a few messages that I wasn't a fan of. I liked how the characters appeared to be real teenagers. I liked that the perspectives alternated and the chapters from the book where Oliver lives help to really flesh out the world. All together, fun, but nothing that will stick with me. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment