Saturday, April 6, 2013

Book Review: Reckless by Cornelia Funke


Title: Reckless
Author: Cornelia Funke
Pages: 394
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company.
Year Published: 2010

"Ever since Jacob Reckless was a child, he has been escaping to a hidden world through a portal in his father's abandoned study. Over the years. he has made a name for himself as a finder of enchanted items and buried secrets. He's also made many enemies and allies- most important, Fox, a beautiful shape-shifting vixen whom Jacob cares for more than he lets on.
But life in this other world is about to change. Tragedy strikes when Jacob's younger brother, Will, follows him through the portal. Brutally attacked Will is infected with a curses that is quickly transforming him into a Goyl- a ruthless killing machine, with skin made of stone.
Jacob is prepared to fight to save his brother, but in a land built on trickery and lies, Jacob will need all the wit, courage, and reckless spirit he can summon to reverse the dark spell- before it’s too late.”

My Rating: 3/5

I have read one of Cornelia Funke’s best sellers, Inkheart and I really enjoyed it. Some how this book wasn’t as good as I had hoped. I think that the fantasy was a bit to far fetched for me and while there were certain parts that caught me and held my attention for the most part I was lost and confused. I think that not all of the creatures were explained as well as they could have been and I had trouble picturing some of them, for example the Goyle concept although very imaginative I found hard to grasp. I think that this book will lead to a more interesting sequel and although I just thought this book was Ok, I’m sure there are others who fell in love with it, maybe because they love this type of fantasy a little more than I do. I don’t think I’ll be able to find the next book, but if someone reads it, please let me know how it turns out.
Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♫♪

No comments:

Post a Comment