Sunday, April 21, 2013

Book Review: The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Title: The Always War
Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Pages: 197
Publisher: Simon & Schuster BFYR
Year Published: 2011

“For as long as Tessa can remember, her country has been at war. When local golden boy Gideon Thrall is awarded a medal for courage, it’s a rare bright spot for everyone in Tessa’s town—until Gideon refuses the award, claims he was a coward, and runs away. Tessa is bewildered, and can’t help but follow Gideon to find out the truth. However, Tessa is in for more than she bargained for. Before she knows it, she has stowed away on a rogue airplane and is headed for enemy territory. But all the pales when she discovers a shocking truth that rocks the foundation of everything she’s ever believed- a truth that will change the world. Is Tess strong enough to bring it into the light?”

My Rating: 3.5/5

This was quite a quick read. I was able to finish it in one day and usually that’s a good thing, but I didn’t enjoy this book as much as I thought I would. It had good points about war and asked the question what if? But I wonder if it didn’t ask this question loud enough. I was impressed with the idea of how technology has changed and how the future looks, but I would have liked to see more descriptive word use so I could picture it better. My favorite part of this book would have to be the description of the characters themselves. I feel that I could picture them better than anything else in this story. I think that teens who are interested in sci-fi and war books would be most interested in this book.
THANK YOU MARGARET PETERSON HADDIX FOR SHOWING WAR AS IT TRULY IS!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment