Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spoiler: Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

I was impressed by how Becca Fitzpatrick ended this series. I think she tied up the loose ends but didn’t do that so quickly that I felt like she was cutting things off. These books have a natural wearing out process, if that makes sense. I have fallen in love with these books and can’t help but think about rereading them even though I just finished them. I think they have staying power, and I would suggest them to any girl who loves a romance with a bit of action and fantasy/paranormal stuff (Well that was tremendous word usage). I have heard that there is supposed to be a movie coming out for this series and if there is I can’t wait to watch it, hopefully they don’t screw it up though.

Characters:
Nora: I think we see Nora take charge a lot more in this book. She has to lead this army, she doesn’t have a choice and while she does ask Patch for help she doesn’t just ignore her leadership duties. I think it was interesting to see the not goodie two shoes Nora as she took devil craft but I couldn’t help but get mad at her for not coming clean with Patch till near the end. I’m happy that they swore that vow together and ended up together. Sigh, I love happy endings!

Patch: I still love him to much considering he’s fictional. He is the perfect guy, which means he probably doesn’t exist, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t day dream about him. I was so proud that he stood by her no matter what, even during the war against his own, would you call it a race? I’m gonna go with yes. Not only that he didn’t pressure her into whatever he wanted, he was around to talk it out with her when she was in over her head, and let her make her own decisions. Now that’s a man! I was ecstatic that he was able to feel at the end of the book, I think that is what he deserved at the least for help bringing down the villains.

Scott: I cried more than I little when he died. And I went into denial where I figured that if Patch could come back then so could Scott. Him and Vee were perfect together and I have no doubt that they would have ended up together, but because of circumstance and him being the brave man he was he died.

Vee: I was shocked to hear that she was Nephilim. I just couldn’t believe that she was and the way she didn’t notice was impressive. Without Scott she would have never noticed what was happening with her and may have sworn fealty to some fallen angel scum, hmm Rixon anyone? I was impressed that she fought even though she knew hardly anything about her race. I hope that she ends up happy with her human husband, and although I’m sure the thought of Scott’s death will haunt her forever, I hope she can move on and be happy.

Dante: I was really surprised that he was trying to take over from her. Just like Nora I grew to trust him, he was training her and talking her up with the higher up Nephilim so I thought he was a good guy and just had a crush on her and wanted to steal her from Patch. Then WHAM, he was the bad guy working with the foe. Impressive writing Becca, impressive.

Marcie: I was surprised that she moved in with Nora, but it made sense in a way. She was grieving and needed someone to comfort her. I didn’t see Dante using her though. Is it bad that I’m happy she died? Probably, but it’s the truth.



Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 234
“’Nice costume,’ he said.
 ‘Ditto. I can  tell you put a lot of thought into yours.’
 Amusement curled his mouth. ‘If you don’t like it, I can take it off,’”

♥Pg. 279
“Marcie drove, since she claimed she didn’t want to be seen in my car, and while I didn’t blame her, it did drive the message home. She had money and I didn’t. Hank had left me his doomed army, and he’d left Marcie his inheritance. Unfair didn’t begin to cover it.”

♥Pg. 335
“’He’s in the mausoleum, with an incredibly smart stray dog watching over him.’
  Patch lifted his eyebrows. ‘Should I ask?’
  ‘I think that dog is vying for your job as my guardian angel…’”

♥Pg. 445
“’I want to wake up with you every morning and fall asleep beside you each night,’ Patch told me gravely. ‘I want to take care of you, cherish you, and love you in a way no other man every could. I want to spoil you—every kiss, every touch, every thought, they all belong to you. I’ll make you happy. Every day, I’ll make you happy.’”

♥Pg. 454
“’You dress to impress,’ I said approvingly.
 ‘No, Angel.’ He leaned in, his teeth softly grazing my ear. ‘I undress to impress.’”

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment