Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spoiler: Reckless by Cornelia Funke

I think that this book wasn’t really what I had anticipated it would be. I thought it would be a lot different than it was, and I was sort of disappointed in the way that it turned out. I found myself getting lost in what the characters looked like such as the Goyle or some other creatures that Jacob mentions. I wish that I was able to visualize them better, and maybe I am to blame for not being able to but I also think that the author could have used more interesting and eye popping diction.  I did like that the chapters moved around and it wasn’t always the reader reading about Jacob, it included the Empresses and the Goyle to make for a more interesting reading.

Characters:
Jacob: I’m happy that there was a character who was trying to change someone’s “fate” or “destiny” he didn’t just let his brother get changed into something he wasn’t for the purpose of war he fought to get him back and put his life on the line repeatedly. That’s what I call a really brother. I was sort of unimpressed that he was such a player though. It’s mentioned time and time again how many female … companions, shall we call them, he’s had. Interesting main character though.

Fox: I love how feisty this female character is she doesn’t just do what she’s told, although I found in the end she started to obey Jacob’s orders a little to much for my liking. She is a strong character who helps fight and doesn’t just play damsel in distress and I love that she shape shifts. I think that’s one of the most interesting things in this book, the way we see her in both skin and fur.

Will: We see Will change from human to Goyle and my favorite part of this would have to be the chapter where we see him push Clara away, I think this really solidifies the change that is happening and helps the reader understand that he’s no longer the boy he used to be.

Clara: I think that she’s more of the damsel in distress type and it’s a little bit annoying. I like that she doesn’t give up on Will, but I wonder how long that Larks’ Water will effect her and Jacob and whether or not the mirror will help anything.

Valiant: I love this guy. Although he’s rude and hard to understand he’s funny and makes the book brighter and happier than it could have possibly been without him.

The Dark Fairy: She creeps me out, the way the moths apparently surround her is just messed up.

Empress: I was impressed that she had such a good plan going, but also angry that she wasn’t going to at least try and help Will. Seems a little like black mail.


Moment to Remember:
♥Pg. 148
“Their reflections in the train window melted into one. Her breath still quickened whenever he stood near her. Where does love come from?”


Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment