Friday, June 7, 2013

Book Review: Son of the Mob by Gordon Korman

Title: Son of the Mob
Author: Gordon Korman
Pages: 262
Publisher: Scholastic Canada Ltd.
Year Published: 2002

“Vince Luca is just like any other high-school guy… with one exception. His father happens to be the  head of a powerful crime organization.
While Vince’s family connections can be handy- like when teachers are afraid to give him a bad grade- they put a serious crimp on his dating life. How is he supposed to explain to a girl what his father does for a living? And when Vince finally meets one who seems to be worth the trouble, her family turns out to be the biggest problem of all. Because her father is an FBI agent- one that wants to put Vince’s father away for good.”

My Rating: 4/5

I haven’t read a book in a while that takes me out of my situation and plants me in a different one and I think it was time to read one again. I’m sure glad that I did. I love the way Gordon Korman manages to make an unimaginable scenario realistic. I think that living in someone else’s situation helps people put their life in perspective. This book does this but with humor. II love that this book lets you live in another world not so far from your own but one you don’t know about AKA the underground crime scene thing. I also like that Vince is in high school like a normal kid but just isn’t the norm. The only part that I didn’t like was the predictability of it all, but I still liked the whole mobster theme.
THANK YOU GORDON KORMAN FOR SHOWING A FAR MORE CURRENT MOB STORY!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment