Monday, June 3, 2013

Book Review: The Breakup Bible by Melissa Kantor


Title: The Breakup Bible
Author: Melissa Kantor
Pages: 265
Publisher: Hyperion
Year Published: 2007

"Jen Lewis is having a great juniour year. She is the features editor of the school paper, and she's dating Max Brown, the paper's editor-in-chief.
Everything is perfect- that is until Max says, 'Maybe it would be better if we were jsut friends.' In shock and total denial, Jen wonders how she is going to deal with the pain of seeing Max in school every day. Her misery only intesifies when her grandmother gives her a book that she heard about on the radio. Dr. Emerson's The Breakup Bible claims that 'there's no reason a woman can't get over a breakup very quickly if she'll just folow a few basic commandments.' Jen is doubtful. What does Dr. Emerson know about her and Max?"


My Rating: 5/5

I didn't set out reading this book because I was going through a break-up, but I read it because I had heard that it was a really good book. After I finished reading this book, I was thankful that I wasn't gonna go through that again, unfortunately the day after my boyfriend and I broke up. I ended up spending my weekend rereading this book and crying my eyes out. I think that this book is something that all teens going through a heartbreak need to read. Breakups are never easy and I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just saying that this book is great with dealing with what teens are going through. I think everyone will one day sooner or later suffer a heartbreak and although this isn't the first time that it's happened to me, I think every heartbreak hurts the same or possibly more. But everyone needs to realize that while it will always hurt a bit, it will get better and just cause it didn't work out with one person doesn't mean that you're doomed or going to be forever alone. I think that although it hurts this book gives the dumpee hope. 
THANK YOU MELISSA KANTOR FOR HELPING ME NOT FREAK OUT ABOUT MY ROMANTIC FUTURE!     

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment