Monday, June 3, 2013

Spoiler: The Breakup Bible by Melissa Kantor

As I mentioned in the book review above, I didn't set out reading this book because I was heartbroken, but I ended it that way. I spent my weekend rereading this book because it was gonna help me get through. Although whoever takes out this after me might have a tear-stained version, I guarantee its good. If you've ever gone through a breakup or are currently going through a break up I suggest this book. I'm not claiming it will heal all wounds, but it's always nice to know that someone is in the same boat as you and is feeling the same way. It's always good to know you're not alone. 

Characters:
Jen: I think that the main character couldn't be better in my opinion. She's young and has dreams of true love, and finding the one. I was a little bit surprised at how attached she was with someone for five months, but I'm sure that's how most relationships work. It's easy to get attached and used to having someone in your life. But I'm impressed that she was strong enough to keep going. Which is good because these things happen to everyone, almost. It's the norm and something you just have to deal with. 

Max: I couldn't believe that he turned out to be such an egotistical jerk, but I guess when you love someone you turn a blind eye and focus on all the things you like about them. I figured that he was messing around on Jen, but really for Anya? That's just dumb. He didn't deserve to be the head of the paper or be valedictorian with the attitude that he has, but that's just the way that life works. 

Clara: I think that Clara had the right to get together with Todd but they both had horrible timing. 

Martha: I think everyone needs friends with Clara and Martha. They are willing to put up with you when your face is leaking multiple fluids. 

Eugene: I think that maybe he'll be the right one for Jen, but who knows what the future might hold. At least they have something in common. 


Moments to Remember:
~Pg. 58
"'How was your weekend?' he asked.
 I didn't need Dr. Emerson to tell me that I spent it trying not to commit suicide was the wrong answer."

~Pg. 70
"Okay, can I just ask why it is hat my brother, whose every friend is white who has absolutely no black acquaintances even, why is it that this same brother of mine talks like he's recently signed a contract with Roc-A-Fella Records?"

~Pg. 211
"Did I risk being  struck by lightning for my blasphemous act?"


Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment