Monday, November 11, 2013

Book Review: Eragon by Christopher Paolini



Title: Eragon
Author: Christopher Paolini
Series: Inheritance (Book #1)
Pages: 730
Publisher: Laurel-Leaf
Year Published: 2002
First Line: Wind howled through the night, carry a scent that would change the world.”

“What was once your life is now your legend.
 When Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest, he thinks it is the lucky discovery of a poor farm boy. But when the stone brings a dragon hatchling, Eragon soon realizes he has stumbled upon a legacy nearly as old as the Empire itself.
Overnight he is thrust into a perilous new world of destiny, magic and power. With only an ancient sword and the advice of an old storyteller for guidance, Eragon and the fledgling dragon must navigate the dangerous terrain and dark enemies of Empire ruled by a king whose evil knows no bounds.
Can Eragon take up the mantle of the legendary Dragon Riders? The fate of the Empire may rest in his hands.”

My Rating: 4/5

It’s been so long since I’ve posted a Book Review and a Spoiler. So I’m happy to finally be able to give you one on this tremendous first novel in the Inheritance series. I had read this book a few years ago, way before I started the blog, and now it’s time to give it a review. I really loved the way that Christopher Paolini wrote a fantasy story for young adults and uses such an interesting main character. I feel like when I usually pick up a fantasy book, I can’t relate to the main character, but this book is the opposite. As well, the ideas that he mixes with mythology are really interesting and well executed. I loved that so many personalities were able to develop. It gave the story a lot of depth.
The only reason I couldn’t make this book a five is because sometimes it just got overwhelmingly wordy. To many long explanations that at times were hard to get through. But all in all, I would suggest this book to lovers of fantasy and those who are open to interpretations of mythical creatures.
THANK YOU CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI FOR MAKING ME WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SWORD FIGHT!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment