Thursday, May 22, 2014

Book Review: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green



Title: The Fault In Our Stars
Author: John Green
Series/Novel: Novel
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Pages: 313
Publisher: Dutton Books
Year Published: 2012
First Line: “Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over Andover, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death.”

“Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw. The Fault In Our Stars brilliantly explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.”

My Rating: 4/5

First off a huge apology for not writing any of these in a while. It’s been a crazy past few months so, this is the first one in over a month.
Now down to the point, the book. This book was brought to me by my sister who begged me to read it. I agreed, because hello John Green, you sir are amazing! And I’ve seen so many things about this book recently. And may I say that it is a keeper.
This book explores what it is to live, and to want more from life. The characters are unusual but they capture your heart. Although I will admit that till the end of this book I would have rated this book a 3.5. It was ok as far as cancer books I’ve read but by the end, I realized it was more than just a cancer book.
This book explores far more than I can explain. Love, death, life, and youth. The idea of what it is to cease to exist. It’s a scary thing for young people to think about but something that caught my eye. John Green that was a risky move, one that certainly paid off with me.

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment