Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth



Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Series/Novel: Divergent Series (Book #2)
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult, Fiction
Pages: 525
Publisher: HarperCollins
Year Published: 2012
First Line: “I wake with his name in my mouth.”

“One choice can transform you- or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves- and herself- while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris’s initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in time of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable- and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.”

My Rating: 4.5/5

Hi there! Fancy meet you here…. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Today I will be reviewing Insurgent by Veronica Roth. This is the second instalment in the Divergent series. This book follows Tris through her run through a world that is falling apart. After being a confirmed Divergent she is on the run of her life.
I won’t go into to much detail as I don’t want to spoil this book for anyone who hasn’t read it (but if you have Spoiler is usually posted below).
I was impressed by this book. I usually enjoy the first book and feel like the second one takes a major hit, but this one was surprisingly good. I still liked this one, although not quite as much as the first one.
The characters in this book were far more complex, and as a reader, we get to learn more about their past and the way their factioned system is set up. I enjoyed that we got to learn more about how the world that they live in is set up, it makes the whole thing more realistic. And the ending is amazing. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book, and am contemplating switching the order of books in the TBR pile to allow me to do so.

THANK YOU VERONICA ROTH FOR MAKING ME ESCAPE INTO ANOTHER WORLD THAT IS CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT AND PLANNED!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment