Saturday, July 22, 2017

Spoiler: The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid

So this book has taken me a hell of a long time to get into. I read about 10 pages a day for a week before I forced myself to sit down and read today. And overall I enjoyed this book. I think that the author has an interesting concept, a unique setting and wonderful characters. This being said, I think this book did a lot of info dumping. Throughout I just felt like there was so much for me to take in in such a small amount of time. I also didn't appreciate how fast the rebellion seemed to work out. I would have appreciated it spread out just a little bit more. Maybe continuing to the next book.


Characters:
Sidonia: She was naive and sweet, but it makes you wonder what she might have become in a different situation. Would she still be so loving to "creatures"? Or would she be hard and callous like so many around her? I was sad to see her go but didn't grieve her as much the second time to be completely honest with you. 

Nemesis: The author touches on an important topic, what makes us human? And can we change certain things to disturb this humanity? I don't know the answers but I liked how the author tackled this topic with Nemesis. I also enjoyed watching her discover her humanity, along with realizing that fear is sadly natural. I think that she will be more than a little shell shocked in the next book and we'll see how the Empire views people like her in their society.

Tyrus: I don't know how I feel about him, at first I was all in and loved him. Now I'm thinking I should be more cautious. He will make an interesting leader. A cunning one for sure.

The Emperor: He was a sick freak, but none the less a puppet. 

Elantra: She wasn't going to make it far. Let's be honest she was an evil girl, who liked to flaunt what other's didn't have. She reminded me a lot of Evangeline in the Red Queen series

Cygna: So incredibly manipulative. I wonder what else would have happened if she had her way. 


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "Whatever lay ahead, it would always be the two of us above the rest of the universe, and woe to any who dared step in our path."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment