Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Spoiler: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

So I finally got to this book that feels like it's been on my TBR forever (because it has, let's be honest with each other). I loved this book! I think that Marissa Meyer kicks ass with retellings, while making them her own. The story was so unlike anything else I'd ever read. And while there were elements from Cinderella I didn't feel like everything was predictable. There were a few things that I guessed, such as the ending fact about Cinder's identity, but I think that that just made sense.
The setting in this story is another interesting factor in this first instalment. In a dystopian novel were Earth has many different governments after World War IV, and there are freaking people who have "powers" on the moon, it's hard not to get caught up in the world. I can't wait to continue the series and see other parts of this world through the next story. 

Characters:
Cinder: She's an interesting main character to me, because of her different makeup. Being a cyborg obviously isn't always accepted in this world, and especially with the plague going on and people refusing to "volunteer". I think that she was the right amount of naive and with a reason (not enough to make me roll my eyes while reading).

Kai: I wonder how his life will continue when or if he finds out about Cinder's true identity and what that could mean for his kingdom and the Lunars. 

Peony: She was sweet, ditsy but sweet. I cried when she died, especially when Cinder was so close to saving her.

Queen Levana: I'm not going to lie I can't wait to rad Fairest to see about her life and how she became to be an evil dictator.

Iko: Please come back to our story line. I miss your cute, sassy comments. Ugh perfect side character.

Dr. Dmitri: You son of a gun killed a lot of cyborgs to find the one you were looking for. Also what else do you know about Cinder and the Lunar migration? I want to know so much more. 

Adri: I hope you're embarrassed but I'm surprised you weren't the real villain during this story to make it a classic Cinderella retelling.

Pearl: I could do without your snotty little attitude. Hopefully we don't see you for a long while... or ever.


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "But they would be looking for a ghost."


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment