Sunday, May 20, 2018

Spoiler: Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi

This book was everything I wanted and more. Tahereh Mafi knows how to write a good love scene in a YA book without getting explicit. I also loved her writing style and her strange characters. I also loved the way this book switched perspectives. My love for Warner is so strong and it continued on in this series. I also enjoyed the addition of characters and the change of pace in this story. I can't wait to continue on with this series.

Characters:
Juliette: I understand her huge confusion and Warner knowing that the people who abused her were not her real parents, but let's think about this for a moment. Her biological parents gave her up for an experiment and let their oldest daughter be tortured so she couldn't be used as a weapon. I wonder how she will escape her current predicament.

Warner: I loved him even more in this book than I did in Ignite Me. I really enjoyed the way the series was based on the understanding of his character. And the way that he tries to be there for Juliette but doesn't know how after he has to reveal the truth he finds. It hurts my heart to see them breaking up. But I also wonder how he didn't remember I childhood where she existed in one of the families.

Castle: I was the most frustrated with him. How dare he wait until now to have Warner tell Juliette about her past. And what about what else he might know? Did he survive?

Oceania: Not exactly the motherly type.

Kenji: I still think he's one of the best characters in this story. He is heartwarming and his past is heart-wrenching. I loved that he was willing to tell those around him what he thought whether they wanted to hear it or not.

Nazeera: I wonder about her childhood with Ella/Juliette. What made her turn on the Reestablishment overall. Was it the loss of childhood friends, or something more?


Moments to Remember:
Pg. 275

"Before? When Juliette couldn't decide between myself and Kent? That pain? That was child's play.
But this.
This is suffering. This is full, unadulterated torture."

Final Line: "The world goes black."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment