Monday, May 21, 2018

Spoiler: Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller

Hey guys, so I'm doing a thing this week. A thing called the Scally-Wag-A-Thon readathon. And while originally my TBR for this week-long read-a-thon did not have any pirate books, I was able to get a copy of this just in time for the reading to begin. 
I loved this story. The plot, the characters, the setting all of it was incredible to me. The use of accents in the audiobook and the change of pace that was adopted in this addition as well.
This book was a quick listen and I was addicted after the first sentence. I will certainly be reading the second book in this series (? Duology?) as soon as it's available in Overdrive from my library.

Characters:
Alosa: She is bad ass and she knows it. She's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in and her crew. I loved that her crew was mostly female badasses who were willing to do anything for their captain. Her childhood would have been rough though, especially with her dad loving her under condition.

Riden: I loved his attitude towards Alosa and the way that he respected her even though she was a prisoner. Ok, maybe a little more than respect. I think that this book just really instilled the hot pirate stereotype. And I did not mind.

Draxen: This sick dude was a lot to handle. I wonder how he will deal with being locked in the brig and under Alosa's control. 


Vordan: He's smarter than he looks. The way he uses one of his crewmates to intimidate him and experiment on Alosa. That was a crazy smart move.

The Pirate King: I hope we see more of him in the coming book and his relationship with Alosa's mother. He was brave (or stupid) to give into her as a siren queen but in the end he was granted a daughter/heir.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment