Sunday, May 6, 2018

Spoiler: Legend by Marie Lu

This story was interesting to read and maybe because I had built it up in my mind for so long I expected a lot from this novel. That being said, I wasn't completely let down. I really enjoyed the setting and the idea of the United States being split into different "countries" who were at war with each other. I also thought the ideas of power and control were interesting to read about in this story. The things that irritated me in this book were the use of insta-love and the way it seemed to mimic every other dystopian I'd read. That being said, I plan to continue the series and see where our characters go and how the world changes with them on the loose together.

Characters:
June: I was happy to see a girl in such a strong military position, I just wish it wasn't for such a corrupt government. I think that she had a strong reason to continue to work for the Republic until she uncovered Metias's hidden journal entries. I also wonder how she will live life on the run after being used to the finer things in life. 

Day: I liked him. Especially the fact that he had also passed his Trial. After years of thinking that he had failed and was sent to die because of it, it makes you wonder why the government did what they did. I also wonder how he will deal with his budding romance with June. It's more than a little ridiculous.

Tess: She was so strong after having her main supporter taken, she was able to find a way to survive. Unfortunately, it did mean that she had to sign up with the Patriots.

Thomas: The author did a successful job in making my skin crawl with this character. He was willing to do whatever was asked of him in the name of the Republic. He was a cold-hearted man willing to murder his best friend if it was demanded of him (who knows, maybe even if it wasn't). 

Commander Jameson: I wonder how she became so callous and willing to kill for anything. Doesn't matter who. I wonder if she has family, friends, anyone other than the Republic.

John: He was a brave soul to let himself be taken for his brother to escape. That takes heart and love that couldn't be imagined.

Metias: I wonder how he dealt with finding out about his parents and having to keep it from everyone he knew. That's horrible to think about. 


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "We lie there together, watching the lightning and listening to the thunder, and waiting for the beginning of a rainy dawn."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny 

No comments:

Post a Comment