Monday, November 5, 2018

Book Review: Requiem by Lauren Oliver


9593913

Title: Requiem 
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series/Standalone: Delirium Series (Book #3)
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 391
Publisher: Harper Collins
Year Published: 2013
Format: Audiobook

"Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has transformed. The nascent rebellion that was underway in Pandemonium has ignited into an all=out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the centre of the fight. After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven. Pockets of the rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of the Invalids. Regulators infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels.

As Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain of the Wilds, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancee of the young mayor. Requiem is told from the perspectives of both Lena and her friend Hana. They live side by side in a world that divides them until at last, their stories converge."

My Rating: 2.5/5

This story was just overall such a disappointment. I already had lowered my expectations due to what I'd heard around the book community but this was just so frustrating to me. I wasn't connecting to the characters as much as I wanted to or to the story line. The only part that really made this story partially worth it was Hana's perspective. But even that didn't make much sense to me. I am planning on reading the short story collection from my library, but I'm not sure if that will be anytime soon. 
What were your opinions on this classic dystopian ya book series? Let me know!

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment