Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Book Review: Transcendent by Katelyn Detweiler


28504509
Title: Transcendent 
Author: Katelyn Detweiler
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Young Adult, Magical Realism, Fiction
Pages: 448
Publisher: Viking Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2016
Format: Physical Copy (Hardcover)
First Line: "Where were you the day Disney World was bombed?"

"What would you do if the world was crumbling to pieces... and everyone believed you were the only person who could put it back together?

Terrorists have just bombed Disney World. A thousand miles away, a stranger shows up on Iris Spero's stoop in Brooklyn. He brings with him a shocking secret about Iris's birth, throwing her entire identity into question.

Suddenly, the press is confronting Iris with the wild notion that she might be the miracle the world now so desperately needs. Families all across the grieving nation are pinning their hopes on her as if she is some kind of saint or saviour. She's no longer sure whom she can trust- except for Zane, a homeless boy who long ago abandoned any kind of hope

When no one knows her but everyone wants a piece of her, who is Iris Spero now? And how can she- one teenage girl- possibly heal a broken world?"

My Rating: 2.5/5

So this wasn't at all what I expected. Not even a little bit. I was going to DNF it but I always worry if I do that, by the end of the story I would have liked it. But this book was just ok for me. I think that the storyline was interesting but very drawn out. Also the characters were fleshed out but not in an important way. I think this story is something you should read if you're needing a pick me up and someone to believe in. I would also recommend for younger readers.

Thank you for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment