Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Book Review: Supernova by Marissa Meyer


42771754
Title: Supernova
Author: Marissa Meyer
Series/Standalone: Renegades Series (Book #3)
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction
Pages: 552
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Year Published: 2019
Format: Audiobook

"All's fair in love and anarchy...

The epic conclusion to Marissa Meyer's thrilling Renegades Trilogy finds Nova and Adrian fighting to keep their identities secret. While the battle rages on between their alter egos and their allies, there is a darker threat shrouding Gatlon City.

The Renegades' worst enemy is back among them, threatening to reclaim Gatlon City. Nova and Adrian must brave lies and betrayal to protect those they love. Their greatest fears are about to come to life and unless they can bridge the divide between heroes and villains, they stand to lose everything. Including each other.

Intrigue and action will leave readers on edge until the final shocking secrets are revealed."

My Rating: 2.75/5

This book was doing so well for me in the first half and then after that, I was just upset by how corny things were turning out. I sometimes wish that YA authors wouldn't go for the happy ending. Like I feel like some of the things that happened were ruined by the fact that they were almost immediately fixed or remedied. It was frustrating to watch. Something that really saved some of this series for me was the side characters. Specifically Simon/Dreadwarden and Oscar. I also really enjoyed Honey more than I should have. The final twist also impressed me so I had to bump this up a little bit from my original rating of 2.5. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment