Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Book Review: Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Title: Beautiful Darkness
Author: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Series/Standalone: Caster Chronicles (Book #2)
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance
Pages: 503
Publisher: Little, Brown, and Company
Year Published: 2010
Format: Audiobook (Own a Physical Copy)

"Fall under the spell of the Beautiful Darkness, the sequel to the instant NYT bestselling gothic fantasy, Beautiful Creatures!

There were no surprises in Gatlin County. At least, that's what I thought. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin as a pace where nothing ever changed. Then mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes revealed a secret world of curses and Supernaturals with terrifying abilities. Lena showed him a Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen. Sometimes life-ending.

And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems."

My Rating: 2.25/5

This wasn't what I expected from the sequel and in many ways I was disappointed. I was upset about the love triangle aspects, the changes in character development and setting. That being said, if I had read these when I was in 10th grade when they were published I would be eating this up. I am interested in where the story is going and do enjoy the audiobooks. They are entertaining without being heavy. If you're looking for some 2010s YA angsty paranormal romance, pick them up. I'll be picking up the next book in the new year on audio. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment