Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Review: The Great Game by Kieron Gillen

Title: The Great Game
Author: Kieron Gillen
Artist(s): Stephanie Hans, Clayton Cowles
Series/Standalone: Die Series (Vol. 3)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Adult
Pages: 168
Publisher: Image
Year Published: 2020
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"In the world of DIE, the players are now real players. Countries are their pieces and the board threatens to run red with blood. Who is the Queen and who are the pawns? Who's playing to win? Who's forgotten what they're playing for? And will they do when they're reminded of the real stakes? The critically acclaimed dark fantasy smash hit goes epic in its third volume."

My Rating: 3.5/5

This wasn't my favorite volume of the series, the more we add characters the less I'm certain about where the series is going. I do love the atmosphere of these stories. A fantasy world based on different works of literature is so entertaining to me. I hope that we gain momentum in the last volume in the series. I plan to read it as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment