Sunday, November 7, 2021

Review: Encore by James Tynion IV

Title: Encore
Author: James Tynion IV
Artist(s): Rian Sygh, Brittney Williams, Caitlin Rose Boyle, Katy Farina, Walter Baiamonte
Series/Standalone: The Backstagers (Vol. 3)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Young Adult, LGBT
Pages: 96
Publisher: BOOM! Box
Year Published: 2019
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"All the world's a stage... but what happens behind the curtain is pure magic- literally!

The Backstagers are back in (stage) blacks, for a festive collection of Valentine's Day and Halloween stories! Join Jory and the rest of the Backstagers as they wrestle with anti0Valentine crusades, totally creepy phantoms (NOT of the opera), and the ever-present magic of the backstage world in this romantically spooky third volume of this hit series."

My Rating: 2.75/5

I just think that this is where the series seems to end. This one was cute, it was a fun holiday read, but it doesn't really add anything to the storyline. Really the plot wrapped up in the second volume, this is just here for some fun character content. I liked it, but it just wasn't where I hoped that the series would go. If another volume comes out and is available at the library, I'd check it out, but it's not something I feel like I need to read.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment