Sunday, September 10, 2023

Book Review: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard


Title: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
Series/Standalone: Pretty Little Liars Series (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Mystery
Pages: 286
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2006
Format: Paperback Copy
First Line: "Imagine it's a couple of years ago, the summer between seventh and eighth grade."

"EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE- ESPECIALLY HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS SPENCER, ARIA, EMILY AND HANNA

Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished.

How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were, the naughty girls they are, and the dirty secrets they've kept. And guess what? I'm telling."

My Rating: 3/5

Before anyone asks, no I have never watched the show, so I don't know anything about this series and that's how I plan on keeping it as long as I'm reading this brain candy book. This book is deeply problematic, very early 2000s, and over the top. I flew through it because of the content, but I acknowledge that it isn't the best thing I've ever read. It's fun, and addicting. If you like rich people drama but want it crossed with an ABC and CW style show level of drama I would recommend it. Also, does anyone know how closely the TV show follows the books?

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment