Monday, September 18, 2023

Book Review: Reckless by Elsie Silver

Title: Reckless
Author: Elsie Silver
Series/Standalone: Chestnut Springs Series (Book #4)
Genre: Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Pages: 466
Publisher: Self Published
Year Published: 2023
Format: Ebook (Kindle Unlimited)
First Line:"'I can't fathom why you feel the need to go work at the dingy little hospital in the country.'"

"Theo Silva. Rowdy bull rider. Notorious ladies' man. Scorching hot trouble wrapped in a drool-worthy package.
And he's looking at me like I might be his next meal.
But I'm almost free of my toxic marriage and sworn off men entirely. So all I see when I look back is temptation served up with a heaping side of heartbreak.

The man is hard to trust-and even harder to resist.
Make that impossible. Because Theo is persistent. And no matter how hard I try to freeze him out, he melts my icy exteriors and pulls apart my defenses.
Over a drink in a small town bar, I blurt out my deepest, darkest secrets. Then I spend the singular hottest night of my life with him.
He worships my body. He makes me blush. I come alive beneath his hands.
Then I tell him to forget it ever happened. I want simple, and with him it all feels complicated.
It was supposed to be a one-time thing.

A secret.
But that little plus sign is going to make this secret impossible to keep."

My Rating: 5/5

This is my absolute favourite in the series so far. I always say that I love a grumpy-sunshine where the grump is the female lead. Because I am also the grump in my relationship. The trope that is in this book is written so well and really just added to the story overall (I mean how could it not). The way everything was written you couldn't help but root for this couple and the way they interact is incredible. Not to mention super sexy. I would highly recommend this series and I can't wait to read the final (?) book next month. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment