Monday, December 19, 2011

Book Review: Sharing Sam by Katherine Applegate


"Alison Chapman has always believed she'd fall in love hard. And she does- with Sam Cody, a new guy with a gorgeous face and brooding eyes, a guy who's impossible to resist. When Sam asks her to the Valentine's Day dance, Alison is elated... until she finds out that her best friend, Isabella Cates-Lopez, has fallen for Sam too... until she find out that Isabella is dying. Now Alison wants Isabella's last days to be her happiest ever- even if she and Sam have to hide their love. Even if, by sharing Sam, Alison risks losing him forever." "Katherine Applegate's poignant novel of love, loss and the sacrifices made for true friendship will stir readers' hearts."

MY RATING: 10/10

This book is an amazing story that has changed my view of life forever.
It isn't often that you find a book that shows the best friends side of the story. I think it's great that we got to see Alison's life during this tragic event. I found that while I could see everyone's side of this "story" I related mostly with Alison. She gave everything for her best friend. I like to think that I'd do the same. Stritcly speaking, I think this book is good for everyone. Maybe not if you can't deal with grief, but feeling emotion is part of being human. I cried, laughed and yelled at this book. I think that's when I know it's a great one. When you show all three emotions of happiness, sadness and anger, you should know that the book is going to be good.
While this book is sad, it teaches us. It taught me not to take a moment for granted. And that I'd do anything for my best friends, I'd rather I be unhappy than them.
I hope that you guys out there decide to read this book and agree. Comment what you thought below :)

THANK YOU KATHERINE APPLEGATE FOR SHOWING AMAZING FRIENDSHIP AND LOYALTY! Sincerely,
Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment