Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book Review: Hades by Alexandra Adornetto


"Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in low was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier's love and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can't keep Beth from being tricked into motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth's release back to Earth. but what he asks of her will destroy he, and quite possibly, he loved ones, as well. "
"Something happened- something I could never have imagined. It was so unfathomable, I felt nothing but a sickening feeling that seemed to come from my core and spread like poison through my body. Th highway defied gravity and suddenly reared in front of us. A deep jagged crack appeared in its centre. The highway was splitting open. The crack widened like a hungry cavernous mouth, waiting to swallow us up. The wind that whipped my face grew warmer, and steam rose from the broken asphalt. I knew instinctively what it was from the feeling of hollow emptiness that emanated from it. It was a gateway to Hell, and we were heading straight toward it."

MY RATING: 9/10
Although this book was quite good, I found that it didn't live up to the first book. The characters seemed to change. I found Bethany a lot more naive and it wasn't cute like it was in the first book. This book showed a very different side of Xavier and I'm not sure if I liked it. He has been one of my favourites for such a long time though. One of the things I did like was seeing a different side of Jake Thorn. I knew after reading the first book that he wouldn't just vanish. He had to come back and bam... there he was.
This book may contain a few adult thoughts but all and all I think that anyone in their "young adult years" would be able to read it without being scared for life :P
My favourite thing about this series is how the end grips you and makes you want to read the next one. The ending suspense is great!
THANK YOU ALEXANDRIA ADORNETTO FOR SHOWING US A GREAT USE OF SUSPENSE!
Sincerely, Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment