Thursday, December 1, 2011

Book Review: Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson


"During the summer of 1793, Mattie Cook lives above the family coffee shop with her widowed mother and grandfather. Mattie spends her days avoiding chores and making plans to turn the family business into the finest Philadelphia has ever seen. But then the fever breaks out.
Disease sweeps the streets, destroying everything in its path and turning Mattie's world upside down. At her feverish mother's insistence, Mattie flees the city with her grandfather. But she soon discovers that the sickness is everywhere, and Mattie must learn quickly how to survive in a city turned frantic with disease."

MY RATING: 9/10

If you like to hear about the past... I think you'll find this book very good. Even though I'm Canadian this book was amazing. Laurie H. Anderson, made the events very vivid to a the present day and used amazing language that took me back in time. I could see all the characters and although I have never been to Philadelphia when I closed my eyes I saw the abandoned streets and boarded up windows.
I honestly enjoyed the fact that she made history a ton more interesting.
THANK YOU LAURIE HALSE ANDERSON FOR MAKING THE PAST SO VIVID IN MY PRESENT MIND!
Sincerely, Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment