Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book Review: Sarah by Margueritte Harmon Bro

Title: Sarah Author: Margueritte Harmon Bro Pages: 364 Publisher: Fitzhenry & Whiteside Year Published: 2001 Sarah's beloved father is killed in an accident, leaving the young girl and her sister with a mother barely able to cope and expecting another child. Heartbroken, she learns that her father's last words were about her. "Sarah's got to be something ... something grand. An artist..." Grimly determined to fulfill her father's ambition for her, young Sarah sets out to become an artist. But the challenge to be something more than a proficient if uninspired painter is overwhelming; Sarah has to work for every tiny step in progress. It is her music that gives her joy, however, and those who love her recognize her stunning talent at the piano - a talent that Sarah takes for granted. As Sarah matures and finds love, she gradually learns to give up whatever future her family and friends might envision for her and, right or wrong, look to her own soul to find the answers. My Rating: 9/10 This book caught me by suprise. Not only did I find that I could relate to Bro's character Sarah. She isn't sure about life and many times I think teenagers, or at least this one, feel the same way. The feeling of being unsure is found throughout the course of this book, but mainly all I wanted for Sarah was to find her calling and what she needed. Anything she needed. This book gives an insight to world around World War I. Sarah is a great role model for teenage girls to have. She is indecisive, and a romantic (i believe) at heart. The only reason this book didn't make a 10 was because during the first part, I felt frustrated by the way time moved between the chapters. I got lost in the years. All and all I love this book, and I would like to suggest it to anybody who enjoys history based novels and needs a little lift. THANK YOU MARGUERITTE HARMON BRO FOR A FANTASTIC ROLE MODEL! Love, Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment