Saturday, October 20, 2012

Book Review: The Kiln by Jennifer Armstrong & Nancy Butcher

Title: The Kiln
Authors: Jennifer Armstrong & Nancy Butcher
Series: Fire-us
Pages: 244
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
Year Published: 2003

"Five years ago, a deadly plague killed off most of the world's population- at least all the Grown-ups. Only a small group of children survived. So they formed a family and managed on their own. Then they came across some adults who had survived- the Keepers. But no adults were beter than these adults.
In this riveting conclusion to the Fire-us trilogy, the family is once again on its own- with a mission. They must find out why their world was destroyed and who did it. They must head straight into danger- to Pisgah, the heart of the Keepers' power."

My Rating: 8/10

I really enjoyed the ending to this series. The second book built it up so much that I think maybe the authors had trouble keeping up with the momentum. I imagined this book to be a lot different than it was but I still found the plot interesting, how all the books finally tied together into one main idea and theme. The older characters became more developed, and so I felt as a reader I was truly getting to know them. The reason this book didn't make a ten was because of the fact that I saw most of the twists and turns coming although the very end caught me by suprise. I love the ideas that the authors use!
THANK YOU JENNIFER ARMSTRONG & NANCY BUTCHER FOR AN AMZING "WHAT-IF" SERIES!

Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment