Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Review: Shelter by Harlan Coben

Title: Shleter
Author: Harlan Coben
Series: Mickey Bolitar (Book 1)
Pages: 304
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group
Year Published: 2011

“Mickey Bolitar’s year can’t get much worse. After witnessing his father’s death and sending his mom to rehab, he’s forced to live with his estranged Uncle Myron and switch high schools.
A new school comes with new friends and new enemies, and lucky for Mickey, it also comes with a great new girlfriend, Ashley. For a while, it seems like Mickey’s train wreck of a life is improving- until Ashley vanishes without a trace. Unwilling to let another person walk out of his life, Mickey follows Ashley’s trail into a seedy underworld that reveals that this seemingly sweet, shy girl isn’t who she claimed to be. And neither was Mickey’s father. Soon, Mickey learns about a conspiracy so shocking that it makes high school drama seem like a luxury- and leaves him questioning everything about the life he thought he knew.”

My Rating: 9/10

This is the first book I’ve ever read by Harlan Coben and I loved it! This book is not only written with suspense but also it made me feel as though I was experiencing everything with Mickey as he went through it. This book is made for people who love twists and turns that don’t want a nice calm novel. I really enjoyed the sense of humor that is used in this book and how Harlan seemed to get down to a high school level of writing. I could picture my high school as he wrote it. The janitor closet, the office and of course the cafeteria are all locked in my mind. I can’t wait to read the next book in this gripping series.
THANK YOU HARLAN COBEN FOR PROVING YOU CAN’T KNOW SOMEONE JUST BY APPEARANCE!           

Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment