Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book Review: Chosen by Ted Dekker


Title: Chosen
Author: Ted Dekker
Series: The Lost Books (Book #1)
Pages: 260
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Inc.
Year Published: 2007

"Think with your heart and prepare to die... for you have been chose."
"Thomas Hunter, supreeme commander of the Forest Guard, has seen a great evil decimate much of his beautiful world .
Witha  dwindling army and an epic threat, Thoams is forced to supplement his fighters  with new recruits aged 16 and 17. From thousands, four will be chosen to lead a special mission.
Unknown to Thomas, the chosen four are redirected to a different endgame. They must find the seven lost Books of History before the Dark One. For these seven books have immense power over the past, present and future, controlling not only the destiny of their world... but that of ours as well."

My Rating: 8/10

I have heard a lot of good things about Ted Dekker, the author of this book. For the most part I wasn't let down. Dekker has created a new world which is well thought through and imagined. I can only imagine how much work he put into it. From the setting to the characters and creatures that inhabit these places, Dekker's is fun and easy to follow. I didn't enjoy how long it took before I understood the story, but maybe if I had read some other books that relate to this story it might have clicked. If I have time this upcoming summer, I plan on continuing to read these amazing books.
THANK YOU TED DEKKER FOR GOOD AND EVIL IN A SURPSING FORM.

Smile :D

Love,
Sidny ♥♫♪


No comments:

Post a Comment