Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Book Review: Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

Title: Dreamland
Author: Sarah Dessen
Pages: 205
Publisher: Penguin Group
Year Published: 2000

“Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real. Rogerson is different from anyone Caitlin has ever known. He’s magnetic. He’s compelling. He’s dangerous. Being with him makes Caitlin forget about everything else- her missing sister, her withdrawn mother, her lackluster life. But what happens when being with Rogerson becomes a larger problem than being without him?”

My Rating: 10/10

This is an incredible book. I loved that Sarah Dessen makes the reader feel as though they are the main character. I feel like this book touches on so many teen issues and although twelve years have past since it’s been published they are all relevant. Really in the past decade or so things haven’t changed that much. I have not read a lot about some of these issues and I hope to find a book from the opposite point of view in Caitlin’s relationship. Curiosity makes me wonder what that book would be written like. I hope to read more Sarah Dessen books, but I hope I probably won’t read more back to back.
THANK YOU SARAH DESSEN FOR WALKING THROUGH SO MANY TEEN RELATIONSHIPS!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment