Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Spoiler: Revelations by Melissa De La Cruz

As I mentioned in the book review above this was a good book, but not as good as the others. I found that I was able to guess who the Silver Blood was throughout most of the book. I had my suspects from book 2, but the cover gives it all away. Who has read hair and acts oddly? Bliss! Whoever made the cover just pissed me off. I still love how this book is set in New York, but I found that the setting wasn't as highlighted in this book and that was disappointing. I did enjoy exploring Charles Force's house though.

Characters:
Schuyler: We've seen so many changes in Schuyler since the first book. I found it hard to believe that she was hooking up with Jack, but I was cheering her on. Who doesn't want the boy that they aren't supposed to have? I love the idea of them together. I wasn't impressed when she tells Oliver she loves him. I doubt that highly actually. It wasn't even a big emotional break through, it was more of a hey, I love you. I was baffled.

Bliss: As I mentioned above, I knew that Bliss was the Silver Blood through most of this book and this is due to the cover. I loved the way she narrates the story though. I was mad when she didn't realize herself that she was the one causing everyone harm, not Dylan. Is she really Gabrielle's daughter though? That's the question that I can't get out of my head.

Mimi: The same as ever. Selfish and lustful. Mimi has what she does because of the kind of angel she was. I really think that she'll end up turning to the dark side... especially if she loses Jack. She doesn't deserve him anyways, he just doesn't seem to fit with her.

Jack: I really love this character, although I think that he might be playing Schuyler. If there isn't a way to break the bond why would he lie to her? I don't think that him and Mimi should go through with the bonding but I don't see how he can't without undergoing a trial.

Oliver: I feel sorry for Oliver. He's been used and abused by Schuyler so many times. She had to know that he loved her and that making him her familiar would only make it worse. I was even mores surprised when she confessed her love. If I was Oliver I wouldn't believe a word she said.

Dylan: I knew that Dylan was innocent. He doesn't mean to hurt anybody, and he seems like such a sweetheart. I only hope his memory will recover.

Lawrence: I was so sad when Lawrence died. He was such an interesting character, and now that he won't return to the cycle things are just extremely depressing.

Jordan: I'm confused as to what the watcher is, but I"m assuming she's one who is watching Bliss, making sure that she isn't going to live to fulfill evil deeds. Jordan didn't do such a good job though, and she was captured.

Charles: I could hardly believe that Charles was reduced to basically nothing, especially when the Blue Bloods need an Archangel the most.

Kingsley: Seriously thought he was the guilty one. What the heck!?!?!


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 75
"Outside of this place, they could be nothing to each other. He would not even allow himself to look at her. He could not afford it. So she wanted him to enjoy himself, to look at her as much as he liked.
'Get over here,' he growled."

♥Pg. 205
"Brazilians wore skimpy bikinis, no matter their shape or size; it was liberating and somewhat appalling at the same time. The American in Bliss believed grandmothers should not wear thongs."

♥Pg. 264
"Love. It's so close to hate, it's almost indistinguishable.
But this is how t was for the two of them.
Love and hate.
Life and death.
Joy and anguish."

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment