Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Spoiler: Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz

I am loving this series so far. I felt in this second book I was a lot closer to the characters. The way they acted made sense and I could understand things from their point of view. I loved that I got to explore New York, a city I am definitely gonna see one day! I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see much of Venice, but if the author has never been there it is better that we didn't spend the whole time with Oliver and Schuyler. I loved the way that the Four Hundred Ball was described although I wish we would have heard more about the dancing.  The only reason that this book isn't a 10 is because I could tell who the Silver Blood. That's something that drives me insane, but the ending surprise made up for it!

Characters:
Schuyler: Our main character appears more grown up in this book. Traveling to Venice was something that I didn't think she'd do on her own at the end of the first book, but really it shows how grown up she is. I liked seeing how she got to learn her powers and more of her family history. I hope that her and Jack get together, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Was it obvious to anyone else that Oliver was in love with Schuyler? DUH! I mean even I'm not that blind. Poor Oliver is in the friend zone though. I feel bad about that. I loved how at the end she did the right thing for Mimi even if there was the chance of her becoming a monster.

Oliver: We don't get to witness much from his view, but it's obvious that he's in love with Schuyler he goes above and beyond the call of duty by becoming her familiar. Something I wish he hadn't done though. This means his feelings will grow and chances are Schuyler wont feel the same at all. Poor boy.

Mimi: I know it's bad, but I like a good villain and Mimi definitely fits that bill. She's jealous, spoiled and popular. I could hardly believe when she became friends with Kingsley and began doing dark magic (something i didn't know that vampires did... vampires/witches?) I thought perhaps she had been the one to destroy the library, but I knew she wasn't that powerful. Even she isn't the true criminal in the books.

Jack: So I kinda love this guy :) I know it's wrong because he's playing with Schuyler's emotions but he's the kind of guy I go for. I don't like that he puts up with Mimi's bull. She doesn't deserve someone so loyal and loving. I didn't expect him to even think the L word about Schuyler though, that surprised me. I wonder how they'll all fair in one household.

Kingsley: This guy has Silver Blood written all over him. He is convincing people to do Dark Magic, not looking for suspects. I wonder if Charles Force is actually that stupid or if he is in on it? Suspicious! And what is Kingsley's relation to Bliss, is there one or was it just made up for the "investigation"?

Bliss: I was shocked at the end of this story when she finds out that she's at least Schuyler's  half sister! Wow talk about keeping a reader interested. I love Bliss, although she's kind of going crazy, I can relate to her. She doesn't really like Mimi but she sticks with her so she doesn't get left out. I hope that by finding this out Bliss will start to hang out with Schuyler more. I love the fact that Dylan is alive!


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 134
"It was just too weird to always look at Oliver and think he'd taste delicious. He was her best friend, not a snack."

♥Pg. 231
"But that morning, she had found an envelope stuffed into her locker. It was from the Mercer Hotel, and held a plastic door key for their suite. 'Se you there tonight,' Oliver had written. 'Chomp! Chomp!' "

 I can hardly wait to read what happens next, but I want to take a small break from these books so I can review books for those who haven't read this far yet.

Hope you enjoyed,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment