Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Book Review: Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz


Title: Masquerade
Author: Melissa De La Cruz
Series: Blue Bloods (Book #2)
Pages: 304
Publisher: Hyperion Paperbacks
Year Published: 2007

"Schuyler Van Alen wants an explanation for the mysterious deaths of young vampires. With her best friend, Oliver, Schuyler travels to Italy in the hope of finding the one man who can help- her grandfather. Meanwhile, back in New York, preparation are feverishly under way for the Four Hundred Ball, an exclusive gala hosted by the city's wealthy, powerful, and unhuman- a true Blue Blood affair.
But it's at the after-party, a masquerade ball thrown by the cunning Mimi Force, that the real danger lurks. Hidden behind the masks is a revelation that will forever change the course of a young vampire's destiny.
Rich with glamour, attitude, and vampire lore, this second installment in the Blue Bloods saga with leave readers thirsting for more."

My Rating: 9/10

I was surprised to find this book even better than the last one! I really can't get over the fact that  Melissa De La Cruz has changed my view on vampires forever. I really love the idea of reincarnation in this book, because it just adds another paranormal effect. When my friends ask what the series is about I have started to explain it as Gossip Girl with paranormal activity. This seems to be an effective method. I would definitely suggest these books to anyone whose a curious mind, but it must be open as well. If you close your mind to the myths in this book it is nothing. I loved how the characters in this book started to feel like friends and how I got to explore New York from a far. I can hardly wait to read the third book :)
THANK YOU MELISSA DE LA CRUZ FOR SHOWING A "ROMANCE" AND A PARANORMAL THEME CAN COMBINE!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment