Friday, May 31, 2013

Book Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Title: 13 Little Blue Envelopes
Author: Maureen Johnson
Pages: 320
Publisher: HarperTempest
Year Published: 2005

“Would you follow the directions?
 Would you travel the world?
 Would you open the envelopes one by one?
 Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.
 In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.
The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.
 Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright, thief, bloke-about-town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous- through utterly romantic- results. But will she ever see him again?
 Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it’s all because of 13 little blue envelopes.”

My Rating: 4.5/5

I have never read a book with this kind of story line, and I love it. I think that many teenagers can relate to this story, about being shy and not being able to do for ourselves.  At the same time it’s about an experience that not many teens have had. I don’t know how many of us have had the chance to backpack through Europe, but it sounds pretty awesome to me. I think that Maureen Johnson uses enough imagination that the readers can visualize the places that the main character travels and it has honestly inspired me to try more traveling before I get too settled in life. I think this book is inspiring and all teens should read it before they graduate. I think everyone has one dream that they wish to fulfill before they have to actually start planning and planning a life.
THANK YOU MAUREEN JOHNSON FOR HELPING ME UNDERSTAND THE BACKPACKING THROUGH EUROPE TREND!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment