Monday, January 6, 2014

Spoiler: Sam by Francine Pascal

I don’t have a whole lot to say about this book, other than it was a step up from the first book. I loved that we got to fish through all of the characters minds and that it contributed to the story so well. I was really interested in Gaia’s past and this book gave some answers as to why she is the way she is. I still have some obvious questions and I guess we’ll see what the next book says to them. As well seeing that in some ways she’s a normal teenager made me happy. And yes most of us do think about sex that much, it’s normal.
♥Characters♥
♥Gaia: I think that she’s grown up a lot from the last book and that she is starting to realize that what she does (her superhero act) has some bad repercussions at times. Not that she killed Marco, but it makes sense that she would be a suspect. I was scared for her, not only because she had a price on her head, but because she also was taking a huge leap in life by thinking so seriously about having sex. It’s a bigger deal than most think until poof it’s done. I’m happy that she didn’t end up doing it, but to have seen the boy she loves in the midst of it with someone else… ouch.
♥Sam: Ok, I still love him a bit. He should have broken up with Heather, because it’s obvious that the don’t feel much for each other. Hell, he was fantasizing about her before he had sex with Heather. I won’t lie, I don’t understand real men much better than fictional ones. I just hope he lives through book 3.
♥Heather: Ok she’s a grade A brat. And no that wasn’t my first word choice, but it was the most appropriate one. She belongs with Ed but she’s horribly shallow. And then to throw it at Gaia that Sam is hers. Wow.
♥CJ: Not the brightest of bulbs, but at least he’s out of the way.
♥Tom: Still not sure why he abandoned his daughter but I can see that his evil twin is out to get him (original I must say) and his daughter too. Hopefully he can find a way to protect them all. And who knows maybe he’ll reveal himself to Gaia. Wouldn’t that be marvellous.
♥Ella: Why can’t she just disappear already?

♥Moments to Remember♥
♥Pg. 294
“She was devouring a stack of books the way a starving person would devour a plate of food.”

♥Pg. 345
“Luck is powerful. Don’t mess with her. Accept her for what she is and make the best of it. I can’t stand that people are constantly blaming other people when bad stuff happens to them. Somebody trips on a sidewalk, and they sue some innocent bastard for millions of dollars. It’s not always somebody else’s fault. Sometimes it’s just luck. Bad luck.
Luck is unpredictable. She’s not you friend. She won’t stand by you.”

♥Final Line: “At the moment it felt to Gaia like a chance to be brave.”

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment