Thursday, February 20, 2014

Book Review: Liv, Forever by Amy Talkington



Title: Liv, Forever
Author: Amy Talkington
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal
Pages: 288
Publisher: Soho Press
Date To Be Published: March 2014

“When Liv Bloom lands an art scholarship at Wickham Hall, it’s her ticket out of the foster system. Liv isn’t sure what to make of the school’s weird traditions and rituals, but she couldn’t be happier—especially when Malcolm Astor, fellow artist and scion of one of the school’s original families, starts falling for her. Fellow scholarship kid Gabe Nichols warns her not to get involved with a “Wicky,” but things are finally going Liv’s way, and all she wants to do is enjoy it.
But Liv’s bliss is cut short when she is viciously murdered. In death, she discovers that she’s the latest victim of a dark conspiracy that spans 150 years and many, many lives. Gabe, cursed with the ability to see their ghosts, turns out to be Liv’s only link to the world of the living.
Liv must rely on Gabe’s help to prove to Malcolm that she’s still present… lingering with the other spirits. Together, Liv, Gabe, and Malcolm fight to expose the terrible truth that haunts the halls of Wickham before more lives are lost.”
-Goodreads.com

My Rating: 4.5/5

So this book review and spoiler are going to be a little bit different. This book was sent to me through a giveaway from www.goodreads.com (Thanks so much goodreads folks) and so it hasn’t yet been published and out. I was instructed that I can not give quote from this book so I will be unable to do memorable moments but I will try my best to do my normal things without interfering with out instructions.
Now to the point. This book was a really interesting thriller about the secrets of boarding schools. It was exciting and grabbed my attention. I think the way that supernaturals played a role in this book was the main reason I liked it. I’m not a huge fan of on going romance but this one just felt right. I feel like I got to experience part of boarding school for myself.  The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the ending. I felt like it was just to abrupt and made me wonder if there will be another book. I’d be interested in seeing the next step
THANK YOU AMY TALKINGTON FOR GIVING READERS A PIECE OF BOARDING SCHOOL PLUS SOME SUPERNATURAL AWESOMENESS!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment